Having a party with friends and some homebrew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teambarber

Reaction score
Hey guys! I'm having a party this weekend and I thought about bringing my homebrew together with some food this time. I've never really done anything with pairing before so this is new to me. I have a Nut Brown Ale and a Chocolate Porter I brewed and was wondering what you guys think would be a great food pairing with the two. I'm not doing a dinner, just some appetizers. I'm open to all suggestions and recipes! thanx-Cheers!!

Hey guys! I'm having a party this weekend and I thought about bringing my homebrew together with some food this time. I've never really done anything with pairing before so this is new to me. I have a Nut Brown Ale and a Chocolate Porter I brewed and was wondering what you guys think would be a great food pairing with the two. I'm not doing a dinner, just some appetizers. I'm open to all suggestions and recipes! thanx-Cheers!!

Hmmm... How about desserts? The porter sounds like it would go well with anything chocolate.

With the nut brown, there are a number of cheese that could go nicely with it, but other than that I have few ideas.

I was thinking of doing the same thing with deserts for the porter but I wanted another opinion first.

I was thinking of doing this recipe i found http://www.traderjoes.com/pdf/recipes/dessert-rumble-cakes.pdf

it has chocolate and cherries in it which I thought would go well with the porter. I was thinking maybe cannoli's or cheescake as well since the porter has those coffee and chocolate qualities to it. I heard cheese as well with the ale so that might be the direction I'll go for.

Latest posts

Back