Cheap 30 amp GFI breaker

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewhokie

Reaction score
I've been scouring ebay my ebiab build, and noticed this listing.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sq-D-Circui...ransformers&hash=item3ef10e5f81#ht_500wt_1361

I have no relationship to the seller, but it seemed like a good deal for a used 30amp GFI breaker. Obvious your panel has to accept Square D breakers (which mine does).

Any additional benefits to using the Spa Panel versus this breaker and running it straight to an outlet?

I guess I should clarify, I brew in my garage. Since my panel is in the garage the Spa panel would be only a few feet from the main panel.

Seems cheaper than a spa panel and a new 30 amp breaker. Should I be concerned about buying a used breaker at all?

Just make sure your box accepts the QOB style bolt on Square D breaker. I know that my SD does not accept that style of breaker.

This is what I use on my Kal Clone. Works well and provides the safety needed with a 30 amp system. No different then the way a hot tub GFI is used.

Latest posts

Back