bummer?!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheKrumm

Reaction score
I started brewin at 9 PM because I work weird hours... just got done moving... just realized my dog got a hold of my last rubber stopper for my carboy... just used plastic wrap and am now crossing my fingers hoping my yeast sucks enough that it wont go crazy until the stores open in the morning and i can get a new stopper. :( how doomed am I on this brew you guys? Everything went perfect..... then THIS! I AM SO ASHAMED THAT I AM USING PLASTIC WRAP ON MY CARBOY RIGHT NOW! GAH!!

Poke a small hole in the plastic wrap and it becomes an airlock. Leave the stopper off and you have an open ferment. Either way you make beer. What's wrong with that?

I don't have any tin foil. I think it will be fine for 10 hours. i poked a couple holes in it with a sanitized needle.

RM-MN I hear ya dude. I just did that an hour ago. Was worried at first, but after reading some other posts, quite a few people on here have had this happen and everything was turned out good. This site is my bible. I love you guys.

Latest posts

Back