New Brewery coming to Northern California.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zeal

Reaction score
There is a new Brewery coming to Northern California. Much to my surprise it's going to be rather close to me. Why am I surprised well we've had a couple breweries up here, but they come and go.

This Brewery, California Brewing company will be based in Redding California about 73 miles north of Chico California home of Sierra Nevada.

They currently have a kickstarter fund found here: California Brewing Company: Bringing jobs & beer to Redding! by California Brewing Company — Kickstarter

I hope things go well for these guys and they can turn a profit where others have been unlucky. Although I can't help but think that many of their beers named after many of California stereotypes is kind of gimmicky. Also I kind of frown upon there use of "Brewgirls" using the old Sex sells technique the Macro-Breweries use. Many Craft breweries have been successful with out such techniques and only relying on the quality of their products. I have yet to taste their beer though as they haven't gone operational yet, so only time will tell. Hopefully they won't be one of those breweries that panders to the publics taste, I rather have a company that brews what they want to brew like Stone or Dogfish head around.

Back