Problem: Moving with a sour beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thomasaug

Reaction score
Found out my landlord is raising my rent by $200 a month. This a year after it was raised $250 the year before. It's just too much for me to pay and I have to move.

Problem is I have been aging a Oud Bruin beer since Dec (the end of the month). Its been five months and I will have one more month before I have to move (July 1st).

The beer is still in primary (5 gallon glass) on the yeast cake.

As I see it, I have a few options.

1) Keep it in primary: I can imagine it will be difficult to carry a primary glass fermenter, but with a carrying bag, I will have to manage.

2) Bottle it. It is easy to move with bottles and this is the option I would prefer.

3) Dump it. But not really considering this unless bottle bombs will be present.

If I bottle it after six months is there any real risk of bottle bombs? Will this cause off flavors?

I might sound annoyed, but at least this will free up my fermenter for a Flanders Red! :mug::mug:

I am moving next week with 6x 5 gallons of sour and one 10 gallon souring barrel. I plan on putting a solid stopper in them and moving them. They are glass so moving should not push out the solid stopper.

I think you will be fine bottling. Most of the sugar is probably going. Not enough the create bombs. I would add priming sugar and go for.

Back