more apple juice cans less sugar?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hmmmbeer

Reaction score
I'm looking at making a batch of apple wine out of the over flowing freezer. I am finding plenty of recipes to make it but I was wondering if I would throw off the taste if I put more cans of frozen apple juice and less sugar (thinking of the OG more so than anything else)? Any advice would be greatly appriciated.

I'm looking at making a batch of apple wine out of the over flowing freezer. I am finding plenty of recipes to make it but I was wondering if I would throw off the taste if I put more cans of frozen apple juice and less sugar (thinking of the OG more so than anything else)? Any advice would be greatly appriciated.

No, not really. I mean, the yeast only see sugar as sugar, so don't care where it comes from. Since apple juice has a lower OG than pure sugar, you'd have a lower OG than if you boosted the fermentables with sugar.

I like to use apple juice or cider, and a little tannin and acid blend. It makes a really good wine! You could even try apple raspberry wine with those 100% juice concentrates if you're feeling adventurous!

No, not really. I mean, the yeast only see sugar as sugar, so don't care where it comes from. Since apple juice has a lower OG than pure sugar, you'd have a lower OG than if you boosted the fermentables with sugar.

I like to use apple juice or cider, and a little tannin and acid blend. It makes a really good wine! You could even try apple raspberry wine with those 100% juice concentrates if you're feeling adventurous!

I have the Acid blend and tannin, would you mind giving me your recipe for appple wine? I'd be adding sugar too just trying to use more apple juice than more sugar due to the apple flavor being held in there better if you use the juice rather than the sugar, so you would think anyways.

I have the Acid blend and tannin, would you mind giving me your recipe for appple wine? I'd be adding sugar too just trying to use more apple juice than more sugar due to the apple flavor being held in there better if you use the juice rather than the sugar, so you would think anyways.

It's posted already- under my avatar, or in the "recipes" forum.

Back