fermentation time

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sinnick

Reaction score
Is it possible to leave a beer in the primary for too long? If I leave it in there for a little over two months, is that going to cause an issue?
Thanks, Nick

I've never noticed the hop presence weakining in any of the beers I've extended primaried. If one is making an IPA and dryhopping in primary, I've never found it noticable even in there.

Sinnick, many of us purposefully leave our beers in primary for a month or more, rather than secondarying. People have left their beer in primary for a year with no issues. I've done nearly that. This discussion has been thoroughly covered in this thread, it's become the "uber discussion" on this topic.

To Secondary or Not? John Palmer and Jamil Zainasheff Weigh In .

Need to clarify something though......Fermentation time is only as long as the yeast are converting sugars into alcohol, and that only lasts a week, maybe two at the most, anything after that is considered conditioning.

Latest posts

Back