beersmith problems

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agroff383

Reaction score
i am experiencing frustrating issues with beersmith, I have a problem still with trying to get the software to work properly after getting my key from Brad and i am having no luck finding or getting my recipes back. I had to send my computer in for repair so i backed up the hard drive including all beersmith files. i restored all the data to the computer once i got it back, and beersmith wasnt registered. so i registered that, and now when i open beersmith it says "cannot find file:/// please check path and try again". i should have every last file that i need to run this program. the beersmith folder itself has over 2300 items in it which i dont understand why it is that much. i suck with computers so any help is appreciated.

I am no computer whiz, but it sounds like the path being searched for is either incorrect or corrupt.

Your path should read something along the lines of: C:\Program Files (x86)\BeerSmith

Sounds like you may need to reinstall the program. I would contact beersmith, see if you can get another ID key at no charge, and reinstall the program. If your backup is corrupt, then you may not be able to get you recipes back.

Again, I am no whiz, but I have had my fair share of computer issues.

I'm sure a computer engineer, software engineer, or computer phenom will chime in with better/more info.

Back