Keg refermentation watermelon HELP!!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shawn_John

Reaction score
I made a watermelon wheat (WW) recently, poor efficiency so I boiled down to get close to my .054, Once it was done ferming I had 3.5 gallons, so I put in a keg(cold crashed prior to moving) on top of watermelon juice.

Issue: I put my normal 1 gallon of wah-wah juice in and now it is like a sweet wah wah wine! 4th july party in a week and I gotta get some flavor out.

Question 1: it is carbed up now, can I let it warm, bleed off co2 and hope it kicks in again, maybe get 3-4 days of ferming to eat some of that juice?

Q2: Could i repitch a champagne yeast and help it burn some off, then cold crash and carb, or am I basically screwed because it already is holding co2 in suspension?

Q3: maybe dry hop or add lime juice to cut the sweetness?

Any and all help is appreciated

Thanks

I suggest getting it really really cold then drinking it handstand style...seriously tho..try getting it to room temp and pitching some champagne or white wine yeast

So you want to warm, uncarb, referment, chill and recarb all in a week? I'd suggest picking up some brew, a week is really short time to fit all that in.

Latest posts

Back