co2 in beer line towards end of keg?!?!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mammothkraken

Reaction score
For some reason co2 is breaking out in my beer line but only when I reach the last gallon or so of a keg. I'm can't for the life of me seem to figure out why...

Pertinent details:
Fridge temp is 40F
PSI is 14
10 foot beer lines
taps are mounted in door
2 taps running off a "T" splitter with no check valves after the "T"
carbed using the 'set and forget' method and haven't touched the regulator

Let me reiterate that kegs pour fine until the last gallon or so and then co2 breaks out in the lines and the first pour will be 1/3-1/2 foam.

Any advice would help here.

I agree, check for leaks. My keg was leaking from the lid o-ring at the taproom, and i would get co2 in the line. Transferred the beer to another keg, and retired the leaky one, problem solved.

I agree, check for leaks. My keg was leaking from the lid o-ring at the taproom, and i would get co2 in the line. Transferred the beer to another keg, and retired the leaky one, problem solved.

Huh? I don't get how a leaky lid o-ring would lead to CO2 in the line. Unless you mean the dip tube o-ring. Either way, you can try replacing and lubing the o-rings, no need to retire the keg...

Now that you mention it, im not sure how it got co2 in the line either. It was leaking from the o-ring pretty badly, so I swapped the o-ring and lid with a new one. Still leaked, so I just set it aside. I will try the lube and see if it still leaks.

This one was deceptive, because it didn't leak at 20lb psi. When I would serve the keg, it would start leaking around 10 psi or less.

Back