Putting quick disconnects between coupler and shank

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gabeweisz

Reaction score
I'm looking into putting quick disconnects between my couplers and the beer shank to make it easier to switch between homebrew and something I bought after a keg blows (and make it easier to ensure that I don't spill beer all over the place after I've had a few).

I'm looking at some of the ones on this page http://www.mcmaster.com/nav/enter.asp?pagenum=0182

Particularly parts #5923K74 and 5923K44. I like them because they have shutoff valves and are relatively cheap. Anyone try them and know how well they work? How easy are they to clean when I clean my lines? Also, anyone know if the one with the pipe thread on the end instead of a barb (5923K24) would fit on the 1/4 inch flare connectors everyone uses? It doesn't really look like it but the measurements look kind of confusing.

Thanks,
Gabe

+1 on USPLASTIC.COM. I got mine there and use them for the same thing. I got the ones that are closed when you unhook them so not much drips out. I love them except when I forget to put the two together when I am cleaning them :D. I did the same with my gas line.

Back