Quick-disconnect post fit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carrollyn

Reaction score
I have an assortment of used kegs (Cornelius) and various posts and poppits. I have noticed, over the few years I’ve been doing this that some combinations are almost impossible to get the quick-disconnect mounted on the post. Decided to clean my collection of hoses with PBW today, and I have noticed one pattern. The black QD with the brand CMB is one I can’t shove down on the more modern straight-sided posts, but I can make it work with the older flare-bottom post. (I’m using a pond pump with an adapter that a post screws on) the black QD with an “S” as the brand fits both.
The important part of post dimensions look the same, and mostly measure the same with calipers. Has anyone else gone through this? Are there brands of QD that seem to fit everything better? I’m tempted to just throw out the CMB QD so I don’t come up frustrated with them.

Latest posts

Back