carbonation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druktenis

Reaction score
Made my first brew and i think it has a great taste, but i think it has to much head./ foam. it's just about impossible to pour out with out getting all foam. Is this becasue i used to much sugar or another problem ?

There are a couple of things that come to mind. One is, did you ensure the fermentation was completely done before bottling? That could cause overcarbonation. Another thing is the temperature. Once it's carbonated, store you beer in a colder place. Also, once it's refridgerated for a while, the carbonation goes more into the beer, and it seems like you get less foam. Try putting your beers in the fridge a long time before you drink them, that might help.

The last question I have is how much sugar you used?

Sorry for all the questions, but without some details there is no way to tell you how to correct the problem! Let us know your o.g., your f.g., how long it was in the fermentor, the temperature, and how much sugar you used. Then we can more easily help out.

Back