is it an illusion

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

morris1980

Reaction score
On Thursday i tasted my first homebrew and it was delicious. So i put some in the fridge. I tried one the next day and it wasnt so good. all the ones i have drank since then dont have the same flavor as the first. Does anyone have a clue why?

Warmer beer has more flavor, try one that hasn't been refrigerated and let us know. Or try taking one out 10 or 15 minutes before drinking.

Make sure your taking your time to pour. I found when I was just starting I had the same problem....I narrowed it down to my pouring technique. I was more concerned about getting a nice head and pouring aggressively. Found if I went slow.....I made sure none of the yeast got in my glass....and my beers were more consistantly tasting good....
Worth a try anyway..

Maybe your beer was still "green" i.e still tasting a bit like green apples, then the next time you tried, it had matured and refined it's taste?

wait... you tried it the next day, so that cannot be the case, forget what i just said.

On Thursday i tasted my first homebrew and it was delicious. So i put some in the fridge. I tried one the next day and it wasnt so good. all the ones i have drank since then dont have the same flavor as the first. Does anyone have a clue why?
Was it a lot worse or just a little worse?

If it was just a little worse, it could just be psychological - you were so pumped up to try your first homebrew that it seemed amazing.

If it was a lot worse... did it get light struck? In what way was it worse? Did it just taste less flavorful, or did it taste like there was something wrong with it/off flavors?

Latest posts

Back