HBT Hockey Pool Anyone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kenche

Reaction score
In Canada beer may be a lifesytle, but Hockey is a religion!

Anyone interested in joining a hockey pool?

I doubt the interest will be that high (considering hockey's demise in the US), but we could make the stakes interesting enough that even if a few of us participated it would be worth following.

If there is enough interest, or the even if a few want to put up some bucks, I will organize.

Bring it on! Cannot wait for our season to start ...

Any preference on the format?

A draft can be fun, but is a little more involved. A box type pool where you must pick one player from each of a variety of categories is a little simpler.

Thoughts?

Hey count me in. I grew up playing hockey. Is this a fantasy hockey type of thing? A draft would be lots of fun.

Has anything become of this Fantasy Hockey League? Hockey season starts this week

Sorry guys,

I dropped the ball on this one. I got really busy with work, and then was out of town for the weekend.

I can get something up real quickly, but the big stumbling block for me is how to get a wager involved. Bragging rights is fine and all, but to keep me interested a prize is nice.

Any ideas? I thought of everyone pledging a 6 pack of HB to the winner, but that creates some problems with our International border.

Paypal to one person to hold the prize? Has some obvious trust issues....

I have no time for the pool, sorry about that! I've got a crazy couple of months right now, visiting colleges, taking a vacation, hunting, etc. So I have to bow out this time.

But yeah, for the football survivor pool, that's exactly what we did. Everyone sent their money to me via Paypal and I'm holding it. There are trust issues involved to be sure, but I think they know I'm pretty reliable! So, if you're going to do this for a money prize, I suggest something like that.

Okay so we are set to go!

Go to: http://hockeydraft.ca and log in with the following:

username: homebrewtalk
password: bmcsucks

Once logged in, click the 'entry form' button and submit your picks. It is a box type format to keep things simple. You can sign up until October 10th at 5:00 pm PST. When the signup period ends, the picks of everyone will become visible to all.

Here are the rules:

- You must sign in with your homebrewtalk handle. I will send you a PM via homebrewtalk to confirm your registration

- The cost to enter is $15 usd. Payment is to be sent to 'downlo at shaw dot ca ' via paypal. All funds collected minus the $20 cost for the pool site will go to the winner. The winner will be sent the funds via paypal.

- The registration period will close on October 10th, no exceptions!

- The entrance fee must be recieved by October 17th. Any entrants who have not submitted payment by that date will be removed from the pool.

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Latest posts

Back