Where to get swing-top converters in the US?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

killsurfcity

Reaction score
Spotted these nifty things on a couple bombers recently. Anyone know where to get them in the states?

-419902611195908470.jpg

I believe that band is suposed to be wrapped around the neck of a bottle that does not have "holes" molded in the bottle for the flip top.
Seems interesting. I have never seen those before.

Are you against getting Grolsch type bottles in the first place? Or is it a green/brown glass thing?

Correct, the band alows you to use a swingtop closure on conventional beer bottles. Since nice looking swing tops can be a bit pricey, I figured why not convert some of my many 22's? Of course for some reason there things are tough to come by it seems.

This is the only place I could find them last I looked.

They only sell by the gross and I couldn't talk myself into dropping north of a C note on them.

Well the flip top caps should be easy enough to get.

And I think a guy could make those straps from a plain strap, if you can get the right length. Just drill the proper sized holes and make the dents with a punch.

Change the hole pattern slightly and there should be no patent problems either if you was to sell them.
whistling3.gif

pb

Latest posts

Back