Capping suggestions?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mindhop

Reaction score
Had some issues last night with my capper (black hand capper) Broke 6 bottles and I hate wasting beer. What has worked for folks out there in brew land?

Same problem so I bought a bench capper. Also what bottled you use? The only ones I ever broke we're Sam Adams bottles. Cut me almost to the bone

IVBrewing said:
Same problem so I bought a bench capper. Also what bottled you use? The only ones I ever broke we're Sam Adams bottles. Cut me almost to the bone

I use different ones (I drink alot of different beers). I was looking at a bench capper. Which brand did you get?

Mindhop said:
I use different ones (I drink alot of different beers). I was looking at a bench capper. Which brand did you get?

My wife bought me the red super agata (spelling?) one from northern brewer so far so good. Plus it's only like 35 or 40 bucks unlike the other one they have for twice that.

If you think you might be bottling wine, mead, or champagne/Belgian corks you may consider really biting the bullet and buying the Ferrari Corker with the capper attachment.

http://www.homebrewit.com/aisle/p/4040

It's one of those things that seems like a real pain to have to buy, but that you end up using for the rest of your life.

I also broke bottles all the time with the black capper that came with my kit. My grandfather gave me a red one that came with his kit and I was able to do a whole batch without breaking any.

Latest posts

Back