Recipie help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jkingery79

Reaction score
So I walked in the house after work tonight and stepped into the fermentation room....spare bathroom, and loved the smell coming off the 3 gallon batch of mead I've got going. Now my crazy little brain is working overtime and I'm thinking about a persimmon mead whenever I can actually find enough of the fruit. Any ideas how much persimmon I should be looking at?

So I walked in the house after work tonight and stepped into the fermentation room....spare bathroom, and loved the smell coming off the 3 gallon batch of mead I've got going. Now my crazy little brain is working overtime and I'm thinking about a persimmon mead whenever I can actually find enough of the fruit. Any ideas how much persimmon I should be looking at?
Well, I cant say for certain as I'm not familiar with persimmons. But google for "persimmon wine recipe" and you'll most likely get something that will guide you to an appropriat fruit in the gallon ratio or even a recipe where you can just replace the sugar with honey.

That's what I'd do.....

Found a couple that should work. Now to wait for the fruit to be in season next fall or find reasonably priced pulp from somewhere.

Back