Pectic Enzyme

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jayhoz

Reaction score
How much dry pectic enzyme should be added to 7lbs of strawberries that will be added to 5 gallons of beer?

I dont now off the top of my head, but when i used the enzyme, it was printed on the label of how much to use per gallon of juice or lbs of fruit. So if you have not bought the pectic enzyme yet, check the label when you get it. If you already have it and it doesnt state how much to use, sorry for being no help what so ever.

My package say to "Add 1/2 tsp per gallon of fruit wine must prior to fermentation." Any ideas on how that translates to 5 gallons of beer with 7lbs strawberries in the secondary?

I had 8 lbs of strawberry in 3 gallons of water and I just followed what was on the label. I haven't had any problems with pectin haze. Strawberries don't have much pectin to begin with if I remember correctly.

Back