• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

30 Qt/ 7.5 G SS Pot

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HopSong

HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have an essentially new (used once or twice) 7.5 gallon SS pot that includes a valve w/nipple and lid with opening for thermometer or ??? I'm sticking with a smaller stove top type pot for myself.

There are pictures in my gallery HERE

The pot was made in Italy and is substantial. Don't know the thickness.

I'd prefer a pickup but can ship and I'll pay up to half of the shipping charge

Asking $110 plus half of actual shipping

Thanks, Bill

I'm interested. What size is that nipple? Can it be unscrewed and replaced with one with a barb? Looks like a hose my fly off of that one.

I don't think you need a barbed nipple at all.. although that seems like the conventional thing to do. The few time's I've made a batch big enough to use that pot, I put 5/16 vinyl tubing on it and, believe me, unless you are transferring hot wort, it won't come off. I get that tubing about half way up the barb. I'd expect you could use 3/8 and get it to go to the top of the taper. When I used it, the nipple was dry and the tubing was dry. It takes a bit to get it up the taper... so, it's a tight fit. The nipple is threaded and has an 0-ring seal. Don't know what the thread is. likely metric as it's from Italy. I bought this from More Beer a number of years ago when I made larger batches.. don't do that any more :)

BTW thanks for the reply.

Bill

I did a CA to NYC as a calculation of 'worst case' and that was just under $30 by USPS. UPS was double that for Ground/Brown. I'd guess NJ is about the same.

Back