Howdy from Charlotte

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NathPowe

Reaction score
Hey there folks,

Just thought I'd say howdy from Charlotte, NC. I've been reading around on the forums for several weeks now - this is a great resource and cool group of people. Total newbie here - just a couple of extract kits in the kitchen so far - but I'm already hooked big time. Really intrigued by the idea of doing 2.5 gallon batches (1 of my two brews was a 2.5) and I'm thinking about trying BIAB next.

Really been into lighter session ales lately and, at the opposite end of the spectrum, big chunky stouts and porters. Originally from MI so I have an annual love affair with Founders Breakfast Stout this time of year. Anyway, thanks for all the great info so far.

Happy brewing,
Nate

What part of Charlotte? Moved last year from Wesley Chapel (near Waxhaw in Union County) to Indianapolis about one year ago.

Welcome aboard Nate.

You found a good place to talk about brewing, life, and such. I look forward to helping in any way I can.

:mug:

Dan

Thanks for the replies and the welcome fellas. Seeking - I'm down in the Ballantyne area. Used to live in Bloomington, IN. Definitely check that town out some time - it's a cool little place.

Bottled my first solo batch last night. Tasted pretty good flat and warm. Now to play the waiting game...

Hey Nate, I been to the Childress Vineyard close to Charlotte last March and took a tour (nice place). Once you get done with the extract phase you need to get your feet wet with some all grain. It's the only way to fly for me. Good luck brewing…

Tim

Back