2nd Place!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaimez

Reaction score
I placed for the first time ever in a Home Brew competition! I have been brewing for 7 years and have been entering brews for the past 2 in a few competitions here in Indiana. For the heck of it i decided to enter in a competition in Dayton Ohio, less than a 2 hour drive away. i made a day of it and visited a few popular Craft beer bars while there. I also dropped of fellow club member Brews while in town.
I placed 2nd in the Pale Ale category while another club member placed several times and won Best of Show. Competitions have me hooked now. The funny thing is i scored a 38 for my Belgian Pale Ale and didnt place but a 30 got me second place in Pale ale. lol.

http://brewfest.brewcompetition.com/

Cheers!

Congrats! Tough category to place in too. I'm entering in two other Ohio competitions this year. One at Fatheads brewing in Cleveland and at Weasel Boy brewing in Zanesville. Can't wait to walk away with some medals. Good luck in future competitions.

Good job on getting second place...but you DO know that 2nd place is just the 1st looser?! lolz,jk. I think I might have one worthy of a competition finally. Don't know one hereabouts to enter beginning of next month. That's an acomplishment concidering how many enter PA,APA & IPA categories.

grats man, I'll drink a pale ale for you tonight! of course it's one of mine and not one of yours, but uhh, ermm.... O.K. I'm just looking for an excuse to drink so leave me be!

Latest posts

Back