Brewery Logo adaptable to Beer Label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobby_M

Vendor and Brewer
HBT Sponsor
Reaction score
When I first designed (I use that term very loosely) my first few labels, I knew I wanted a consistent look between all the beers so obviously a brewery name and some static graphics were appropriate. Here's the basic concept I followed throughout. The wheat ring and curved top text is the only thing that stays on every label.

5ESB.jpg
IPA9.jpg

The problem is, while I find the drastic involvement of the beer's theme graphics fun, it leaves very little behind as a standalone brewery logo.

On the other hand, I see some of you guys with a very busy and well done standalone logo and I wonder how you integrate it into a beer label (if at all). Can you post some examples of each for me?

As you know, my logo is not conducive to editing pics into it for individual beers, so I've kind of been working on something for a decent logo....this is what I did. I'm semi-happy with the way this looks.

I also have a neck label that will have the pertinent beer specs on it.

Anyway...

IOB_LABEL.jpg

Thanks dude. That's exactly the kind of thing I was shooting for in this thread. I have to do some serious thinking about my method. It just isn't going to work for printing on mugs and such.

Do you have any updated pics of your new logo you wouldn't mind sharing? I have to say I do like the original images you posted, but can see how they would be a bit crowded for a bottle label trying to leave a standalone brewery impression.

Back