First Brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RedSchorsch

Reaction score
Alright, so I dug around a little and didn't find the answer to my question, but if I missed it then my bad.
Ok so the brew went well for the most part, but now (about 16 hrs later) the air seal is filled with what appears to be a little yeast and some wort. It's still bubbling but I'm pretty sure that the seal is only supposed to have water in it and bubble out the CO2. Should I be worried that I potentially overfilled the bucket? Or is it something else? Not a problem? Again, I'm new at this so any help would be greatly appreciated.

It's just a very active fermentation. Most will use a blow off tube for the first few days to avoid having that problem. Just take the airlock out of the stopper and replace it with a tube and submerge the other end in a bucket of water or sanitizer for the first few days then you should e ok with putting the airlock back in.

Back