calibrating stc 1000

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sorefingers23

Reaction score
i just finished my fermentation chamber, and would like to know how to calibrate my stc 1000, and also what are the recomended settings for the F1,F2,F3,F4 options?

F1 is your set temp, you want that at whatever you plan on fermenting at.
If you have a good trusted thermometer, use that to set your calibration temp if you feel it's off. Mine was pretty much dead on.
I can't remember which is which, but I set the compressor delay for around 5 min, and the temp variance at 0.3. The variance can change depending on how stable your temps are though, so your best bet is to mess with it and see what works for you.

I am in the process of using a D18S20 digital sensor on my Arduino unit to calibrate my STC-1000 F4 setting. On the unit I have now it is set to -0.5 in the 30C range. I plan on checking at 0C and 100C so I can change the F4 value (if it differs) based on where I want my accuracy (mashing or fermenting).

F1 is the temperature that you want.
F2 is the range.For example 0.5 means +-0.5 degrees. Lets say you set it at 50 degrees. It will go between 49.5 to 50.5
F3 is the delay. Longer lag time is better for the compressor on your fridge.
F4 is a temperature calibration value
To calibrate: Hold down the s key for 3 min. Pick which F you want to change by pressing up and down. Press the s key again to show the parameter.To change a parameter just hold down the s key and press up or down until you get to your desired range. To save your parameters just press the power key.
Good luck.

Back