Good Bottling Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My kegs are ay maximum capacity and I have a good pipeline going. So I'd like to bottle my next beer and just let it sit incase I run out mid summer. Does anyone have a good recommendation for one that would get better with age and good for the summer. Maybe an Irish Red.

I have Cream Ale, Orange and coriander wheat beer, and moose drool on tap now and Chinook IPA being brewed this week.

I always like to let my amber ale age a couple months before diving in. Of course, since you're bottling, a nice belgian dubbel would be appropriate.

My irish red did well and is currently still good about a year later now. As well as most of my other ones still sitting.Being the time to brew irish beer before march you may find you run out of those quckly.
Depends what you want like session beers ?-make some4- 5%ers, maybe a Saison if you like those or i think amber or a imperial-double rye or red? Get some oxy caps thats what i do with half of mine bottled because they usually sit all year and i just rotate and drink them time to time with the pipeline. The ones with the oxycaps are those that sit over 6 months usually.

Maybe a Belgian Tripel or a Saison. Both are beers that can age out nicely. You can amke a lower gravity Saison and it would be a nice refreshing summer brew.

Back