Infection question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hopmadness

Reaction score
Greetings all. Just wanted to get your opinion on something.
I opened my fermenter last night to keg my porter and noticed two quarter sized "bubbles" that did not look like the typical small bubblescaround them (few tiny bubbles from moving the fermenter). These two were much larger and had a "hazziness" to them. Immediately I was worried that this may be my first infection after over a year of brewing. I tasted the beer and it tasted good (albeit flat)....no sourness at all. I guess if it continues to taste good it doesn't matter much...BUT...does anyone think this is infection? Don't have much experience with infected beer.....is it pretty noticeably sour?? Like I said...not too worried if it is infected because it tasted good and will now be at 35-40 degrees F....meaning that any infection will likely NOT progress to cause any other problems. Just curious. Thanks.:confused:

Without a picture, I wouldn't know what to tell you, except for RDWHAHB. You've pretty much answered your own question. May have been more of a problem if you were bottle conditioning. But in your case I'd say rack out from under it and keg away.

Back