NY / NJ Area Bulk Buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 7154

Reaction score
Anyone interested in getting a North Country bulk buy going?

ORDER HAS BEEN PLACED - DELIVERY DATE SHOULD BE THURSDAY 10/1 MADE TO ANCHOR RENT ALL LOCATED AT 174 RT 17 NORTH, UPPER SADDLE RIVER, NJ. You will need to get to the delivery point while the place is open to get the sacks. If need be, especially those of you in NY, PM me and I might be able to get your sacks for you. I could either meet you somewhere or you could drop by. The store hours are Mon - Fri 7a - 5p, Sat 7a-4p

I'VE BEEN INFORMED THAT THE OWNER OF ANCHOR RENT ALL WILL HAVE THE PLACE CLOSED MON & TUES AFTER DELIVERY. PLEASE TRY YOUR BEST TO GET YOUR GRAINS THURSDAY, FRIDAY OR SATURDAY

NY-NNJGroupBuyFINALLIST.jpg

i mat be intrested depending on price as it is a little ride for me also

the place would need to be determined. I might be able to arrange delivery to Defiant Brewery in Pearl River, NY (they have a forklift)

I organized the one we had a few months ago. Let me know if you need any help.
If you actually do the grain buy, let me know. I need a bag of belgian pils. Yeah, I ordered 12 bags and forgot the Belgian...

B

I organized the one we had a few months ago. Let me know if you need any help.
If you actually do the grain buy, let me know. I need a bag of belgian pils. Yeah, I ordered 12 bags and forgot the Belgian...

B

Thanks for the offer, I very well may take you up on that (unless someone else would like to start one up. If so, please let me know). So this may be better to do in the fall.

i might be in for a sack or 2, let me know the details when there figured out

btw, rommelmagic your private messages are full

i'd probably be in for a sack or two depending on timing and pick up location.

I'll be looking into getting delivery to Pearl River, NY since they (Defiant Brewing Co) have a forklift. Does anyone else have access to a place for delivery, just in case?

I could use a couple three sacks, I have a truck, and will be heading South on the GSP to Monmouth County NJ, will haul grain for anyone that is cooperative!

Wilser,
Really? I have a pickup truck as well, but I don't think I'd be able to make the trip up NY (3 kids under 5).

I'm in northern Brick, just over the rt 70 bridge, grew up in Wall.

Sorry cant help on the alternative delivery front, but pearl river works greats for me if you can make it happen.

How long would the drop off location need to be open?

The place I work at in South Hackensack, NJ has a loading dock and I could arrange to make it available.

I probably couldn't give you access to the warehouse but there is a loading dock in a covered area in the back. There's ~500 sf of space.

I'm going to see if I could use the Pearl River location tonight. As far as how long the drop off location will be open, we'll see what we can arrange. I may have to take whatever is not picked up on delivery day and arrangements will need to be made. I live near West Point, NY, FYI.

Wilserbrewer -- sent you a PM.

Rommel -- I'm interested in 3-4 sacks subject to working out the logistics.

Jim

I told NCM to put a note on the BOL that I want the dispatch to give me a time estimate when they know better and driver to call my cell number when he was 30 minutes away. It allowed me to get to my company's loading dock and have my pickup parked over there. I had the pallet unloaded sack by sack into my pickup within 15 minutes. Good luck!

malt6.jpg

malt1.jpg

Note, I would probably be in for about 10 sacks if they could be held until a weekend. Anyone have the latest price list? It's not wide open on the NCM site anymore.

South Hackensack works good for me, but i would only be getting a sack or 2 so go with whats easiest for the majority

I am in Central NY (Cooperstown - in between Syracuse and Albany). Is anybody else interested near me? I travel to NJ every few months (grew up there and my parents still live there) and I go the 87/287 route.

Sorry for the delay everyone. Whoever is still up for joining in a group buy, please chime in. I'll be calling to see if there is an updated price list. This buy will be coordinated with some from the Brews Bros forum, and I'm trying to set up delivery on Route 17 in Upper Saddle River.

Still interested as well. I'd most likely want:
3 x F101 Franco Belges Pilsen
1 x F201 Franco Belges Pale

Maybe some candi sugar too, but not if it's going to be a pain.

The password for the price list is "greatmalt". The Country Malt Group

It looks like 40 sacks on the pallet is when you hit the 2200lb price break, otherwise it's the pricing in the first column. It looks like a 3 cents per pound difference so whatever.

Who is personally running the show (ordering, paying etc)?

I'm thinking:

2 x B101 Best Maltz Pils
1 x B301 Vienna
3 x T101 TF MO
1 x 010-TW2 Flaked Wheat

Not 100% sure on that though.

Well, I called but got the answering machine. Not sure if they are open, but I'll call again tomorrow and/or Monday. So the delivery is getting set up to be made to Route 17 (Northbound) in Upper Saddle River, NJ. I might be able to accommodate meeting elsewhere if need be, or possibly someone else who's in on the buy could too.

EDIT: damn, i didn't see the new posts since my last one earlier today. I can set up the order and take payments, paypal preferred. I'll give payment instructions soon.

Do you have a set window for taking orders and/or know when you want to place the actual order? My inlaws are up in Paramus so that's a perfect rendezvous point for me. I can also facilitate the Southern journey for those further South than me.

Do you have a set window for taking orders and/or know when you want to place the actual order?

Do you mean a separate thread? (my first time setting one up) But if that's what you mean it sounds like a good idea

i think he means do you have any set dates planned yet? assuming we get a full pallet or more, do we have an idea on a price of MO and 2row including shipping? thanks

Do you have a set window for taking orders and/or know when you want to place the actual order? My inlaws are up in Paramus so that's a perfect rendezvous point for me. I can also facilitate the Southern journey for those further South than me.

Do you mean that you can get bags down to the Philly area? I was about to order a bag from them but if I can get in on this easily I would rather do this. I only need 2 bags.

i think he means do you have any set dates planned yet? assuming we get a full pallet or more, do we have an idea on a price of MO and 2row including shipping? thanks

Bobby posted a link to the price list above. As far as shipping, that would depend on how many sacks are getting ordered. The more we fit on a pallet, the less shipping will be per sack. Let's set a due date to get the list together for 9/18. Let me know if anyone thinks more time is needed. Once the list is together we'd have a better idea as far as the shipping.

Back