Mango Skeeter Pee?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sirthomas42

Reaction score
I have 3 gallons of a mango wine that stalled out at 1.040, and I can't get restarted. I was thinking of starting a batch of Skeeter Pee and blending in some of the mango wine to make a Mango Pee (and for sweetening, since it's still sitting at an SG of 1.040). The mango wine is about 9% ABV if I'm doing the math right (1.110 to 1.040). Would it be better to blend it with a finished Pee or add it into an active Pee ferment? (and how much?)

Is this even a good idea?

I don't know if it's a good idea or not, but I figured out I'm going to make up a standard 6 gallon batch of Pee and blend it 2:1 with the 3 gallons over Mango wine that I have. At 1.040, the 3 gallons of mango should have just about the right sweetness for the whole 9 gallons, maybe a little under.

I've never got to make Skeeter Pee yet so I'm not sure what it even tastes like.

Let us know how it turns out.

It worked out great. Blended 3 gallons of Mango wine to 6 gallons of skeeter pee. The sweetness was just right, and the mango taste was just enough. A nice mango-lemonade with an 11% kick. Now we have 4 half gallons, 22 750s, and 24 12oz bottles, after drinking some :)

Back