Beer and Mud-Bugs!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aiko

Reaction score
We just recently boiled up a few pounds of mud-bugs (crayfish for you Northerner's), and were eating the spicy little devils, and when the heat hit I ran for some beers I had brewed last month. I did a good ol'e German Hefe, and was wondering how the 'nanner :ban: taste would go with the Cajun spices.
It was WONDERFUL! My SWMBO is not a big beer drinker and she doesn't much care for the Hefe's, but she tried it and couldn't get over the combination of the 2 tastes.
Just thought I'd pass this tidbit along for anyone planning on doing a boil next spring. :rockin:

Haven't had them, since I went to The Crazy Cajun near Corpus Christi around '90. "We're gonna make you hurt yourself."

Ahhh...good memories. Sitting on my friends dock in Slidell eating crawfish that were so hot you felt it for a week. Abita Amber has always been my first choice, but I could see how a nice fruity wheat beer could be in order. Well come January I will have to get in my car a head back down towards N.O. to give it a proper experiment.

Latest posts

Back