Best craft Bar in Houston?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thisisbeer

Reaction score
Any opinion on what the best craft beer bar in Houston is? It is my buddies birthday next weekend and he is just starting to move away from Miller in favor of some local St. Arnolds. He wants to go try some new beer next weekend and I was hoping someone could give me some clues on where to go.

Southern star brewery is in Conroe. They make the best stout I've ever had called buried hatchet. The tour is free and you get four free samples. I've never been but I plan on making it as soon as I can. I live south of Houston so makes it a longer drive for me.

Southern Star gets my vote for best local beer in Houston. I also really like there Pine Belt Ale. I have not been either because I live south of Houston as well. We are doing a brewery tour, but I was also looking for a local bar that would have many craft beers on tap. Any suggestions?

I was in Houston for a summer and if I remember correctly, Taps on Washington Ave had a bunch of great beers. I lived in Westside, and there was literally no good bars in that area. Had to venture to Wash Ave for good ones.

Taps.

Thanks guys. Flying saucers is what I was thinking. I don't know many other ones in the area.

I was in Houston this week for work again and it's the first time I haven't gone to the Flying Saucer one of the nights. Found out about Hay Merchant during my last trip and I think it's better unless you're looking for more "talented" wait staff. Lone Pint is my favorite Houston area brewery. Their tap room is only officially open on Saturdays though. Great hoppy beer.

Go to Petrol Station. The best beer bar in town. Hay merchant is a pain to get to and dark and crowed. Plus the owner pissed me off but it does have a nice selection. My vote will be Petrol and BRC Gastropub is pretty good. For breweries, most are only saturdays right now but hit the ones i suggested or any of the above. I'll recommend Petrol station highly. Great selection, great food and nice back patio

Back