Explosions Acomin'?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oahu

Reaction score
My 22oz bottles full of Hefe were filled Wednesday night. As of this (Friday afternoon) moment they have a small layer of yeast in them approximately two quarters high. That seems awfully fast, does this mean I should expect explosions in my near future?

No, it just means that the yeast is settling out faster than you expected.

I also give my bottles a spin/twist as they stand. This starts a mini-whirlpooling effect in the bottle to aid in settling.

Check them in about a week (I know...hard to wait) to check their carbonation. :D

Aloha!

I usually don't look for cover, or start building a sandbag bunker, unless I bottled the beer with a gravity above 1.015 ish. If you took a gravity reading, and it's 1.015 or lower, you probably don't have anything to worry about.

Disclaimer text: That's just my general guideline. I have been found, on occasion, to be completely wrong. If you suspect bottle bombs, please wear protective eyewear, gloves and ass-less chaps. (WTH? Did I say that?) :D

Mahalo!

andre the giant said:
Aloha!

wear protective eyewear, gloves and ass-less chaps. (WTH? Did I say that?) :D [/i]

Mahalo!

Andre,
for Gods sake don't wear that around the Earls Court area of London when you come over!!!!!

Back