Recipes with quick turnaround?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shek

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend an AG recipe that can have a quick turnaround? I'm not too woried about style, just want something I can make to try to see if my proccess is good. I've got a couple of brews kegged/secondarying that might be a little green, and I'd like to try to make something to see if I've been "doin it right" before I try to make a few batches with a longer lead time. Thanks!

bee cave brewery haus pale ale takes me about 2.5 to 3 week to go grain to glass plus its pretty cheap and really good

Most lower OG beers without any roasted malt or tons of bittering could be ready quickly.

In addition to mild (which easily goes grain to glass in 10 days), you could consider a blonde (my fizzy yellow beer is quick).

Using a very well-attenuating and flocculant yeast helps. Also, make sure to pitch enough yeast at the beginning to ensure a quick start and complete fermentation. Either a big starter, or dry yeast would work well.

Wow, thanks for all the suggestions!
I thought I'd get a few naysayers telling me not to rush.

Anything using English type ale yeasts will be very quick, as long as it isn't a high gravity beer.

Could I possibly turn a stout around from grain to glass in 4 weeks?

Brew day this Saturday, the party is July 24th. Suggestions?

Thanks!

maybe a dry stout. It takes weeks/months for anything I brew with roasted grains to come together. I brewed a brown ale 3 months ago and it's just now tasting awesome. This is just my experience. A dry stout would be low enough gravity that, on paper, should be a quick turn around.

IMHO about stouts, I've found that they improve drastically with age. Like Chris said, anything with roasted grains is going to need some time.

I don't have an exact recipe but a local brewery does a belgian wit. I have had it 8 days from brew day and was amazing! They use breiss white wheat, pils, chamomile, coriander, and wyeast belgian wit. 4.5% abv.

Thanks for the tips. I currently have a wit about to go on tap. I guess I'll just do the Cream of 3 Crops to be safe. I'll have a cream, wit, pilsner, and steam, all nice session beers for the summer party.

I recently did a 2-week emerge-brew that worked out really well. I guess the beer is somewhere along the lines of an American Wheat/Belgian Wit/Hefeweizen/Blonde Ale:

OG 1.050

75% Rahr Pilsner Malt
25% Rahr White Wheat Malt

Saaz hops bittering only to 15 IBU

Fermentis Safbrew WB-06 at 70F.

Beer in primary for 5 days. Racked into and primed in keg for 7 days. Hooked up to gas in kegerator for 2 days & then served.

Beer definitely had a little bit of a banana/bubblegum/funk to it, as one would expect. I encouraged party-goers to drink with a slice of lemon or orange (I figured I was already breaking a bunch of beer purist rules, why not break another one?). That keg went really fast.

Jason

Back