Anyone make cottage cheese?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not that I think cottage cheese is horrible, it just doesn't sound... well... age able? Which kind of sucks, most likely why no one talks about it much.

It should keep a week or two in the fridge properly stored. It also would be fairly easy to freeze the curds. No different from mozzarella or ricotta storage I would suspect...

My concern is with the relatively low yield to milk used. One gallon of milk for 2 cups of cheese is not a great value, but I wasn't sure if those numbers were a little off. Perhaps I will try a smaller batch at some point.

Alton Brown did this on Good Eats. I've meant to try it, but have not gotten around to it. I like CC. IIRC Alton used leftover milk from something else, or visa versa.

I think his recipe was simply some vinegar in skim milk or something like that. Maybe it was lemon Juice...

Latest posts

Back