Hybrid Brew Rig

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewBarron

Reaction score
Just wanted to share my latest work.

I took a perfectly good wooden brew rig....

brewrig.jpg

And cut a hole in the middle of it to add some fire....

burner.jpg

Then I closed it up by adding some doors and drawers to store my gear.

rigopen.jpg

And this is what I ended up with:

rigoverview.jpg

I haven't burned it down yet because I added some stainless steel that I had lying around to reflect the heat. I have two small electric panels on either side that control my HLT heat, my mash temp, and two pumps. The boil of course is propane. I considered converting entirely to electric, but have been happy with the hybrid system so far.

So, no matter what you all do to your rigs to make them even more awesome, I am staying put. I swear. I will not mess with what I have anymore. It works just fine and I don't need any more gadgets or switches or any other automation. I mean it. So don't give me any ideas. Cause they won't work. I'm done..............................................for now

Looks great, any details on the rest of your build? I am considering something similar and I am interested in your electric setup.

Back