keezer coffin fan wiring.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

techbrewie

Reaction score
Hey all, quick question. do you just wire your coffin fans to run continuously or do you wire them in to the temp controller so that they turn on with compressor.

From what I've read, I think it is about 50:50. I am in the midst of making this decision myself.

yeah its a tough choice. I think I'll end up wiring it up into the temp controller. Should save on the life of the fan and keep the coffin regularily cool. another idea would be to wire up a 2nd temp controller with the node in the coffin then power the fan on to keep the coffin at a certain temp. :) it's just crazy enough to work

I use a controller to operate the fan in the tower. Works only when needed. I draw cold air up through a 2 1/2 inch flexible duct tube from keezer bottom and then have a split tower seperated by urethane foam so cold air goes to taps and the down other side to the keezer through another hole which has the beer tubing in it and a small freezer pack with the thermostat attached with foam to insulate the tape part. It acts as a heat sink so controller only comes on when it should. Works fine.

Hey all, quick question. do you just wire your coffin fans to run continuously or do you wire them in to the temp controller so that they turn on with compressor.

I wired mine off the heat side of my STR-1000. The cool cycle over shoots the set temp and when the compressor shuts off the fan come on, I keep the fan temp probe in the coffin area to run the fans if the coffin area gets warm. I have two fans running a push/pull keeps the coffin 2*- 3* of the kezzer.

sounds pretty similar to what I'm doing. Using an Arduino as my temp controller. Happened to have one laying around from an old project. Ill have one fan in the center with a 4" channel running up to the shank row and 2 smaller exhaust fans at each end of the shank row. Think of a T with a 120mm fan at the bottom and 80mm fans on the left and right end. 3 taps to the right and 3 to the left. thinking of doing other stuff with it, but I'm weighing the time / benifits of having cool factors in my keezer :p

Consider using one of these cycle timers from rammeter.com. I use one in my fermenter. You can individually program in time on and time off to whatever you want/need. Goes for ~$45 and is 1/16 DIN. It requires an 8 pin adaptor for wiring.

image-1630705033.jpg

image-2485411348.jpg

I have only two 8 0mm fans cooling my kezzer but it's only a 20cuft with a 12 tap coffin. Cycle timers are nice but unnecessary controller had the heat relay which works fine for me the only added cost was the temp probe.

I have only two 8 0mm fans cooling my kezzer but it's only a 20cuft with a 12 tap coffin. Cycle timers are nice but unnecessary controller had the heat relay which works fine for me the only added cost was the temp probe.

Well, maybe someday, you'll be able to upgrade to a properly sized keezer :mug:

Back