Resuspend yeast?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EuBrew

Reaction score
First batch in the carboy and it's been about 32 hours and I do have some signs of activity, 3 piece airlock the center float is pushed against the top. I filled it to the line with sanitized water but I'm wondering if it's too far up. Should the holes in the center piece come above the water level to let out the gas or not? Also the wort looks pretty clear, really clear actually, should I give it a swirl (not violently) to get the yeast back into suspension? No krausen layer yet, just a few bubbles on the top covering about 10% of the wort. Thanks in advance!!

You want the three piece airlock to be filled up around halfway.
And leave your yeast alone to do their job. Some brews I make only have a few bubbles on the outer edge during maximum fermentation. A couple needs a blow off tube in a few hours. Just make sure you get one on before you need it.
Relax, enjoy it, the yeast know what they are doing. Your job is to keep the temperature at a happy level for them, and keep the brew out of direct sunlight, and give them a couple of weeks to do their job.

Thanks and nevermind woke up this morning to a happy fermentation :) Just another noob freaking out about his first batch. Consider this thread dead.

Back