Electric RIMS

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MJMARSHA

Reaction score
After some lurking here thought I might post some pics of my project. Its an all electric RIMS system. Automation was going to be controlled by Arduino, however we are going to use a Lego Mindstorms NXT Intelligent Brick. It will be more fun because my son will by software developer (he is 12 yo). It is all mostly complete except for the NXT brick, service cord connection, and false bottom for the MT.

This will be interesting since I have never brewed beer before. Feel free to ask questions or critique my project :)

Nice work between you and your son! Your are sure jumping in with both feet if you haven't brewed before!:rockin:

Nice plumbing. I also like the RIMS tube. Is that a thermowell in the side of the 90 bend on the RIMS tube?

Nice plumbing. I also like the RIMS tube. Is that a thermowell in the side of the 90 bend on the RIMS tube?

I soldered in a 1/4" od compression adapter into the 90 deg copper elbow. I had to chuck the elbow in the lathe so I could align the hole with the tube axis.

I have some homemade Dallas DS18B20 temp sensors in 1/4" od copper tube that I was originally going to use but went with lego NXT temp sensors to simplify the interface with the NXT brick... I'll use metric o-rings to make a good seal.

Latest posts

Back