Bottling bucket for sparge water

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is already a thread on here that has a graphic displaying the limitations of each mash tun size. I'm on my phone right now, so I can't quite paste the link. Pretty sure the limit on O.G. Is around 1.06. I'll post the link when I get to my computer.

Also, using a bottling bucket as a HLT would most likely be bad idea. Water of that temp will not stay at their temperature due to a lack of insulation. In addition, I don't think the plastics of the bottling bucket can withstand those high of temperatures

I second the idea that using a bottling bucket for a HLT would not be a great idea. I think that you would only have about a minute where the water was at the right temperature.

If you heat your water in another vessel it seems odd that you would then put it in a bottling bucket and then into the mash tun.

I use a burner and a 10 gallon s.s. pot as my HLT

Thanks guys. I think instead of forking over the dough to buy another cooler or ss pot I will just batch sparge. I'm excited to start my first ag batch. :ban:

BrewScout said:
Thanks guys. I think instead of forking over the dough to buy another cooler or ss pot I will just batch sparge. I'm excited to start my first ag batch. :ban:

And you will be pleased! Good choice.

Back