Recipe for 2gal carboy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clcarlton

Reaction score
:tank:
I have bought a long coveted 2 gallon carboy. Now, I've got 4 batches of Mead brewing, I figured I'd give cider a chance. I'm looking for a recipe where my primary fermenter is this 2 gallon carboy. Any ideas?

Easiest recipe... 2 gal apple juice and a packet of nottingham or s-04. If you want to bump the ABV a little bit add some sugar. ~1 cup of sugar (white, brown, corn, whatever) per gallon will suffice. Depends on what you want your finished % at. You can add spices or fruit or oak at a later date, but if you just want to get your feet wet with cider, this is probably the easiest way.

I have a packet of Montrachet on hand. What's the difference between Montrachet, Nottingham & S-04. Getting mixed reviews about the type of yeast to use. Told that my best bet is to use an Ale yeast.

Kegging or bottling? Do you want to use apple juice, apple concentrate, real apples?

Just make double of a 1 gal I guess, cider is pretty simple. One packet of yeast will easily suffice for 2 batches however :)

Back