Remove dry hops before cold crash

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Projectfdw

Reaction score
I have 3oz of citra dryhopping in a muslin bag in my zombie dust clone. Threw them directly into primary. Looking to cold crash tonight. Any thoughts on removing the hops before the cold crash. I put marbles into the bag to sink them. Just worried if I cold crash with the hops, it may rouse the yeast. Thoughts?

so the bag of hops has sunk and is sitting at the bottom of the fermenter? or is it still floating, because there aren't enough marbles to fully sink it?

not sure what you're worried about - cold crashing with hops will not rouse the yeast. it's not like the hops are going to nose-dive and violently crash into the yeast cake. they will sink slowly over several days. don't worry about the hops, just cold-crash.

Rouse the yeast probably wasn't the ought phrase. Just wondering if it is sunk ( haven't checked) that it would nullify the effects of the cold crash and cloud the beer. I will leave as is.

Back