Just pulled my first pint!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chad_C

Reaction score
Well I just pulled my first pint, a AHS Bavarian Hefe, thats been in the keg for 6 days so far. I originally put the regulator at 20psi for 2 days, then turned it down to 12psi when I kegged the stout. This Hefe is also my first brewed beer, and I went with the Mini-mash kit from AHS. It turned out FANTASTIC! It still needs to carb up a bit more, but should be perfect in about another week, I just wanted to check out the progress, and I am happy. PROST!

congrats!

wow, looks like from your sig that you've got a lot of equipment for a guy who's just starting. congrats again!

Thanks, I fell into most of it actually. The first equipment I bought was 2 corny kegs for next to nothing, then found a 5 gallon carboy in my parents basement. My friend gave me another 5 gallon carboy, and I found the 3 7 gallon carboy on craigslist for $15 a peice.

I bought a 2 keg kit from kegconnection to round out the "brewery" and am trying to start a bit of a pipeline. If they all go as well as this round, I'll be in good shape!

Edit: Actually the first piece of equipment I bought was John Palmer's "How to Brew". I highly recommend this to anyone!

Congrats on your first few Brews Coming out. Doesn't your Home Brewed Beer taste better then anything you have ever had? :rockin:

As nfar as Carbing your beer in the Keg, here's what I do. I call it the Mike McDowell (spell check) method. I got it from The Brewing Network's "The Session" Brew Cast. I set my Regulator at 30 PSI for 48 Hours, then I crank her down to 15 PSI for 24 hours. More times then not, I have Carbed Beer ready for drinking. I fine tune my Carbonation from their with the style in mind. Nice part about this method is that you have Carbed beer in 3 days. :mug:

Back