Sanke in 5.3 cu ft chest freezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dgonza9

Reaction score
Just saw one on craigslist and he has a sanke in there. Thought most were too small. Looking for a fermentation freezer mostly. Fermenting in sanke these days.

Do they only fit in some models?

I think that would be too close for me and too close to call without trying it. I have my sanke fermenter in a 7.2 Magic Chef and it's close enough for me (17" on the inside depth), but I also put a 3 G corny on the compressor hump as a (pressurizable) blow-off device/top cropper and also I wanted that extra length to accommodate operating my bottom dump - which is on a 90 degree elbow.

I have to lift my Sanke down into the freezer and wouldn't want it to be any closer than what it is or it would become a tough job not to bang up the inside of the freezer.

You could ask for a measurement. I've have asked CL people to measure the units for me since I bought 3 of these same units (1 keezer, 2 separate ferm chambers). Once I drove about 1.5 hrs to pick up a "oh... that IS the 5 cu ft,... huh. didn't know that". Argh! Generally if they will take a measurement for you, they might not be bad to do business with.

Latest posts

Back