Line hookups on corny kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1stTimer

Reaction score
I just hooked up my second keg during my lunch break. And by second I mean it’s only the second time I've hooked one up. I’m new to the kegging world. I want to make sure I hooked up the gas line and liquid line correctly. Are they always on the same side of the corny kegs no matter what? I hooked this one up the same way I hooked up my first keg (which works great). I did it so quickly and then had to head back to work. Thanks for the help.

I assume you are dealing with ball locks. Pin lock connectors for liquid have 3 pins and gas have 2 pins, making it impossible to mess them up.

As far as ball lock, it is not a super noticable difference, but there IS a difference in size between the gas and liquid. I believe the liquid is larger.

I have pin locks, but from looking at Kegconnection online it appears the hexagonal nut on ball lock posts will have a marking on the gas side?

firestonePAIRposts.jpg

and this

corneliusPAIRposts.jpg

Ha, thanks everyone. I think I got it right. Will find out in an hour or so when I get home. Have a great weekend everyone and remember to tell a veteran thank you and shake his or her hand. CHEERS!

Latest posts

Back