Newbie question consolidation thread discussion.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

earthboundagain

Reaction score
I have noticed a lot of threads that are bye new cider makers, aka as noobs. I know that we all have personal lives, so it is hard to answer each and every new thread for beginning cider makers. I know that stickies help, but they do not always answer everyone’s questions.

So I was thinking of making a new cider maker consolation thread, a thread where new people can post their questions, and where the experienced folks can answer. I think this may be useful, since a lot of the questions in various threads are very similar or the same.

I guess we could throw out a cider mentor idea, but that will be for another debate.

Any thoughts are welcome.

I have noticed a lot of threads that are bye new cider makers, aka as noobs. I know that we all have personal lives, so it is hard to answer each and every new thread for beginning cider makers. I know that stickies help, but they do not always answer everyone’s questions.

So I was thinking of making a new cider maker consolation thread, a thread where new people can post their questions, and where the experienced folks can answer. I think this may be useful, since a lot of the questions in various threads are very similar or the same.

I guess we could throw out a cider mentor idea, but that will be for another debate.

Any thoughts are welcome.

It's a nice idea, but you're still going to get a buch of new folks posting new threads to ask the same old questions. If they didn't search in the first place, they won't find your consolidation thread either.

Not trying to be a party pooper, just stating the facts.

No worries, just an idea. I know I have a million questions like I know the rest do. I always search and read the beginner posts, but we all like to have our own fears confirmed or soothed. ;)

I just know I have lots of questions, and I am the type that likes to gain as much knowledge as possible, before getting my feet wet. But I know that sometimes nothing beats good ole trial and error. I have a theory when it comes to cooking that is you eat your mistakes, you will not make that mistake again. I am leery to do that with home alcohol making, since it may cause my liver to go on strike. :tank:

I appreciate the thought. I know the sticky in the Mead forum is good, I still have questions but it is a good reference.

Latest posts

Back