Closed-system pressurized fermentation - guidlines

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

E-Mursed

Reaction score
I have put together some spunding valves and I am getting ready to make the jump to a closed-system pressurized fermentation system. My hope is that someone can give me an outline for the pressure steps for both Ales and Lagers.

I will be fermenting in 5 gallon Cornelius kegs, I have a keezer for lagering and cold crashing, I plan on using Fermcap for the fermentation and boil, and I am a proficient AG brewer

I have read most of the threads (both long and short) and was hoping there might be some straight guidelines for when to ramp up and decrease the pressures in the keg for each style. If it is more complicated than that - I apologize for my simplicity. I plan on brewing my first batch this way in 2 weeks.

Not quite sure if I'm doing it correct....but I let fermentation go for first 24 hrs...then I cap it off and run at 5psi for duration/transfer to keg.

I'm getting ready to do my first also and recall seeing something about 15psi.....I need to dig back through some threads before I actually start this.

Back