oxy clean free - cheap!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

finlayj

Reaction score
I don't know how popular Big Lots is, or how much of a national presence they have, but I got a nice sized bucket of Oxy Clean Free last night for $5.

Compared the the $6 or $7 I paid for one half the size, I thought it was a great deal.

Question however. When I got my first bucket of oxy clean, I thought I had the "free" one, because it had chlorine free advertised. Now that I've actually found the true 'free' one, I know the difference.

I just cleaned all of my bottles in an oxy clean bath this past weekend using the first oxy clean.

My question is; should I reclean the bottles using the 'free' version? I'm leaning towards it, because I don't want any off taste in my beers.

Thanks!

Nice, I've been looking for that stuff and come up empty handed so far. I'll try big lots.

Do your bottles smell like oxy? I've used the regular stuff before and had no issues. I think plastic picks up the scent much easier than glass.

Nice, I've been looking for that stuff and come up empty handed so far. I'll try big lots.

Do your bottles smell like oxy? I've used the regular stuff before and had no issues. I think plastic picks up the scent much easier than glass.

Haven't smelled them yet, they didn't when i first used it.

I keep oxy-clean on hand at my house at all times for various cleaning tasks. Brew related or not. I try to keep free, but from time to time the store I happen to be buying it from at the time only has the scented stuff. I haven't noticed any problems, myself, but I always give a GOOD rinsing with hot, then cold water. If you don't have a jet bottle washer, get one. Best money I have spent on brewquipment (aside from a keg system)

If you don't know what I'm talking about, you can see or even buy one here

http://www.midwestsupplies.com/home...ing/cleaning-equipment/jet-bottle-washer.html

Back