Just an idea, anyone have any thoughts?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Klainmeister

Reaction score
Ok, so while brewing a little while ago my beer loving friend and my brewing ***** tasted the LME and was astounded at how well it taste. We opened a cookbook and looked for recipes we might be able to use it, ex: breads, pastries, perhaps some sort of dressings?

Anyone ever done this and have a good recipe or anything? It would truly be beer bread. :mug:

Well they sell malt extract as a sweetener and I have used it to sweeten breads. Essentially it is just a syrup. Gives the bread a nice brown crust as it carmelizes. In fact flour mills often add dry barley malt to their flours. It gives the yeast in your bread a little something extra to eat and makes for better rising.

Baking malt extract is a lower quality than brewing extract, but it's made in the same way from the same ingredients. I'm sure there are recipes that call for it. You can probably substitute it for molasses or honey in many recipes, maybe even corn syrup depending on how it's used.

Yeah, if i figure out a good recipe i'll be sure to share, just checking to see if anyone out there has done anything successfully.

Back