Cauchemar - new label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riromero

Reaction score
New label for a belgian blonde ale from the following excellent recipe by BierMuncher...

SWMBO-Slayer

The idea is to brew a fairly potent batch that wives/girlfriends actually enjoy. Quoting BierMuncher...

My SWMBO loves this beer, but one glass on an empty stomach and she was out like a light at 7:00PM.

Anyway, that's the theme I'm trying to follow here. Comments?

Cauchemar.jpg

Nice stuff. The font is a little tricky, but I got it...

Cauchemar = Nightmare (If anyone was wondering).

I think the ornate gothic font is just a wee bit too ornate. It takes at least 1 reread to get it, and even then you're not sure unless you speak Flemish (?) exactly what the name of the brew is. I like the pic of (presumably) SWMBO passed out from this brew, though I'm wondering if maybe you could zoom in on her about 50% more. The reason being that lovely leg & A$$ are taking up about 50% of the pic, her face is not only nice to look at, but expressive; I think you could capitalize on that.

Now, all that being said, I think you have a nice label as is. I particularly like the framing, the grain & hops, the texturing, and the banner; the color scheme works well too. That's my 2 cents worth. Regards, GF.

I was thinking about the name again, and considering it means "nightmare", perhaps a more troubled looking sleeping picture would work.

Latest posts

Back