Triple Fermentation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cold_Steel

Reaction score
I have been brewing belgian tripels and I am trying to maximize my equipment to increase production. This is what I want to do please let me know if it will work or if you see any pros or cons.
Use primary fermenation for 1 month instead of 2 weeks.
Bottle condition it for the next 3 months.
I know it seems pretty simple but I am wondering if it will carb and age correctly in the bottle. Will there be a TON of yeast at the bottom?

Current method
Primary 2 weeks
secondary 2.5 months
bottle condition 1 month

Please let me know your thougts
Thanks!

You wouldn't have to worry about tons of yeast in the bottles. One month in the primary is perfect and you'll see a bunch of us out there doing just that. 1 month in the primary and straight into the bottles/keg. The majority of your yeast and trub will settle to the bottom of the primary, so a careful racking is all that is needed to ensure that you don't stir up too much yeast at the bottom.

So you dont see any problem with this at all. I heard its better to bulk ferment the secondary? Do you think this is a concern?

Back